The Market Access Accelerator (MAA) is TheHill’s flagship programme which is run over a 7 month period, consisting of workshops which typically run circa once a month (in the main these are online, but there are some in person), covering various themes and relevant topics.
Participants can expect to learn about the different structures within the NHS and how decisions are made for the adoption of new technology within different trusts, especially Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Whilst on the programme, participants will benefit from our pool of highly qualified and experienced mentors, who will work alongside them to offer one-to-one support and help them achieve their expectations of the programme through a stage-gate process.
Companies in the programme significantly improved their market prospects and developed their business models, raised money through grants and investments, and increased their networks within the health and care sector.
Companies we have supported through the MAA have gone on to secure over £20 million in investment, roll out their technology in NHS Trusts around the country, begin pilots and gain the knowledge to optimise their solutions, giving a broader scope of transferability and revenue generation. To learn more about previous MAA cohorts, click here.
Our Accelerator is comprised of fortnightly sessions which run over 6 months, offering significant benefits including:
- Deep dive into NHS structures
- How viable is your product fit for the NHS
- Quality Management Systems & Regulatory Compliance
- Understanding onboarding Innovation – Oxford University NHS Foundation Trust
- Introduction to AHSN and support services
- Introduction to Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OXLEP)
- Understanding digital adoption within the NHS
- Developing your MVP to fit the NHS
- Clinician led workshops
- Market Validation
- Protecting your IP
- Culture & Team Building
- Patient data, GDPR and the Caldicott Principles
- Understanding the Medical Device Regulations. How to tell if your innovation is a Medical Device
- ISO 13485. What it is, why it’s necessary & how to meet its strict requirements
- Financial Modelling
- Introduction to grant writing and grants
We haven’t yet opened the application process for 2024 MAA programme, to ensure you are the first to hear about it please sign up to our mailing list.