TheHill is a cornerstone of the regional digital health ecosystem and a conduit to national digital health and innovation infrastructure.
At TheHill, we empower digital innovation in health and care by building and maintaining the environment for innovation to flourish. We do this by working with a wide range of partners, organisations and individuals, facilitating connections and helping to generate and attract resources.
Regionally, we support innovation in digital healthcare and work with health and academic centres in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
Our strengths are:
- Our focus is on digital health, an expanding and increasingly important part of health and care delivery.
- We are embedded within one of the largest teaching trusts in the UK and centre of excellence (Oxford University Hospitals), and have strong connections to other acute and community trusts and other parts of the NHS, including national bodies;
- We have deep expertise in entrepreneurship, technology businesses, investment, and value creation within healthcare systems and decades of experience in nurturing healthcare companies;
- We have a flexible, agile approach, designing programmes to suit individuals and groups of innovators, including skills development, knowledge sharing and networking;
- We provide companies from overseas with unique insights into the UK market and give our local and regional partners international reach.
The Oxfordshire health, care and wellbeing ecosystem is a diverse and flourishing environment for innovation. We work closely with partners across Oxfordshire and the Thames Valley.
We host Social Mixers every other month to bring together our community of innovators, digital developers, clinicians, non-clinical NHS staff, carers, patients, managers, decision makers, investors, social and care professionals, educators, investors and entrepreneurs. Our Social Mixers provide a great opportunity to network with others from across the ecosystem and hear expert speakers on a chosen topic for discussion.
At our mixers, we offer the opportunity for companies and individuals to do a 30 second pitch, which is intended to open the door for further discussions and networking.
There are a number of innovation hubs and innovation teams in organisations across the NHS, each working on their own portfolio of innovations. TheHilll is a founding partner of the NHS Innovation Exchange which brings together innovation teams from acute trusts across the country. The purpose of the community is to connect and share information between innovation hubs, share best practices and identify new approaches or companies of interest, to support scale and growth across the system.