A number of our community have been asking about current grant opportunities. Here is a quick list we’ve put together of some of the current options available. Please let us know of other opportunities you’d like us to promote.
Innovate UK between £25,000 and £50,000 fully funded, to address societal challenges brought about by the pandemic.
Business-led innovation in response to global disruption (de minimis)
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £20 million to respond to new and urgent needs in UK and global communities during and following the Covid-19 pandemic.
Competition opens: Friday 3 April 2020
Competition closes: Friday 17 April 2020 12:00pm
UKRI 18-month funding, broader than just healthcare
Proposals are invited for short-term projects addressing and mitigating the health, social, economic, cultural and environmental impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Project length: Up to 18 months
- Closing date: none – apply at any time
- Funding: 80% of the full economic cost (fEC)
- Award range: There is no specific budget for this call. We are interested in funding research of any scale that can demonstrate it will deliver impact in the project length.
UKRI will support excellent proposals up to 18 months duration which meet at least one of the following:
- New research or innovation with a clear impact pathway that has the potential (within the period of the grant) to deliver a significant contribution to the understanding of, and response to, the COVID-19 pandemic and its impacts.
- supports the manufacture and/or wide scale adoption of an intervention with significant potential
- gathers critical data and resources quickly for future research use
- If a grant is awarded, will provide funding at 80% of the fEC.
COVID-19 rapid response rolling call
Building on the initial calls of their Initiative, DHSC, through the NIHR, and UKRI are jointly launching a rolling call for proposals for rapid research into COVID-19. As this is a rolling call there is currently no fixed end date to the call, we are open to applications and will aim to review complete proposals within 4 weeks of submission.
For UK-led academic, SME and wider industry research that will address a wide range of COVID-19 knowledge gaps/needs, and which will lead to a benefit in UK, potentially international, public health within 12 months
Open date: 1 Apr 2020
Closing date: rolling call for one year
Type: Grants, Researcher-led
Categories: Infections and immunity, Global health, Public health
And finally, not a grant but support for improving your business plan and market access: TheHill’s NHS market access accelerator, now open for applications, closing date May 6th.