We encourage new referrals to TheHill. Please read the following information about eligibility and then fill out our referrals form.
Companies or individuals should:
- Be developing an innovation for use in a healthcare setting, which has some digital component (this could be a piece of software or cloud-based system, a medical device with an app, a digitally-enabled process improvement or hardware with a software component);
- Be at one of the following stages of business:
- A concise written description of their proposed innovation, including what the benefits are, who their customers will be and what sort of business model they are considering;
- A prototype with some early validation of function;
- Ready for clinical testing
- Be able to share a concise description of their innovation and the likely benefits to patients and/or the wider health service such as efficiency or quality gains;
- Have a clear idea of the type of assistance they need at this stage in their business, or be able to pick from the menu below.
- We cannot help individuals with pharmaceutical products or physical devices with no digital component (note if someone is proposing a digital innovation to go alongside an existing pharmaceutical or device, we could help);
- TheHill is not an alternative procurement route, and does not buy products, although our partners at the AHSN can provide expertise to support adoption
How we can help
We can provide the following types of advice through 1:1 discussion or small group workshops:
- Business models which might work within the NHS
- Clinician/nurse/allied health professional feedback on a prototype, at early and late stage
- Route to market, including key stakeholders and approach to marketing/sales
- Technical integration with IT systems at the Trust and across the NHS
- Approach to getting patient feedback or starting an early-stage trial
- How to create a health economic evaluation which means something to the NHS
We cannot help with:
- Setting up clinical trials
- Selling/buying the product
Contacts will be referred in the first instance to Flora (Flo) Hatahintwali (Flora.Hatahintwali@ouh.nhs.uk) with the information in the linked form. Flo will then refer them on either directly to a member of the team for 1:2:1 support, or to one of our workshops if there is one coming up which is relevant. Participants can expect to get an initial one or one-and-a-half hour consultation / advice session (depending on the complexity of the problem), followed by additional contacts/introductions/advice/referrals as appropriate.
Now you have read the criteria, please fill out the referrals form.